Have you got a 2-year-old?
Did you know that some 2-year-olds in England can get 15 hours of free early education each week for 38 weeks of the year?
You must be getting one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income not over £16,190
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Children looked after by a local council are also entitled to a place.
If your child’s eligible, you’ll be able to start claiming their free 15 hours the school term after they turn 2.
What do I need to do?
In Lancashire when your child turns 2 you need to ring the Family information Service Team on 03001236712, they will check your elibility to see if your 2 year old qualifies for the funding.
If you are eligible then you can take the confirmation letter to a childcare provider and organise a place for them to start attending at the beginning of the next term.
Your local Neighbourhood Centre we can help you with this process, whether you need help with the initial phone call or if you need help finding suitable childcare for your child. For help or advice you can ring and speak to someone please call us on 01282 682286.