REEDLEY HALLOWS NURSERY SCHOOL
Two Year Old Progress Check
It is a requirement for us to provide Parents with a short written summary of their child’s development when they are between 24 and 36 months old. This will focus on the child’s prime areas of learning in the early years foundation stage curriculum.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
We work with parents to support their child’s development at every stage and this progress check is just another part of the process. Children’s teachers and key workers complete the check.
At the two year old check staff:
- Review children’s development, identify their strengths and see if they need extra support in any areas.
- Make sure that parents understand their child’s development and that staff know about their interests and needs so they can be supported.
- Help parents support their child’s development at home.
- Agree how staff and parents can work together to support children’s development including how to work with other health professionals if necessary.
The progress check at age two is very different to the NHS health check (sometimes called a development review) and both checks are important.
Parents are requested to bring along their child’s red book as it helpful to share information from health visitors.